There are various urinary tract infections remedies. Depending on the degree of seriousness of the infection, one may seek medical attention for more serious cases, while some can seek natural remedy. It is always wise to seek medical advice if the condition does not improve after a period of time.
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that affects any part of the urinary tract. It happens when bacteria stick or glued onto the wall or lining of the cell of the bladder or kidney or urethra. The bacteria will multiply rapidly, and it will result in urinary tract infection and inflammation of the wall/lining of our body cells affected.
When you seek medical advice for urinary tract infections, antibiotics are usually prescribed by doctors. Its dosage depends on the severity or complication of the infection.
There are many natural urinary tract infections remedies. Let’s take a look:
1. Cranberry juice- it is the more popular home treatment for UTI patients. Drinking cranberry juices will help reduce the bacteria from attaching to its wall because of the acidity it contains and it has also a compound which is called proanthocyanidin and it is been proven to prevent UTI from reoccurrences in a natural way. You can mix cranberry juices with cocktails, water and other juices but supplements are now widely available and offers more convenience and much lesser calories compared to juice form. Drink frequently throughout the day (every 3 to 4 hours is best) and with plenty of fresh, clean water.
2. Colloidal Silver and Garlic- to prevent UTI you can use the garlic as a natural antibiotic. There are also garlic supplements available for you to take.
3. Vitamin C- taking them daily will also reduce the risk and prevent from having urinary tract infection. It will increase the level of acidity in the urine; this will prevent the growth of bacteria.
4. Uva Ursi Tea- it is a natural herb used as an antiseptic.
5. Corn silk concoction- it gives relief during painful urination because of its diuretic effect.
6. Marshmallow- this will soothe the pain
7. Buchu- a plant mostly used by the indigenous people of South Africa. It is used as antiseptic.
8. Put a cold compress- It helps to relieve you from frequent urination and the annoying pain in the abdomen.
9. Baking soda- mix ½ teaspoon with 8 ounce of water will make urine acidity and is good to kill bacteria in your system.
10. Aromatherapy- use of juniper and tea tree oil, mix them and rub it in your abdominal area. It will make the symptoms subside.
11. Cotton fabrics- wearing cotton type of clothes will help loose the moisture in your body leaving no room for bacteria to breed.
12. Water- drinking 8 ounce of glasses a day is a very effective home treatment because it will naturalized the flow of your urine and flushes away the bacteria living in your system.
Although there are many natural urinary tract infections remedies, majority of them only help to relieve the discomfort. If you adopt natural remedies, please seek medical advice if your condition does not improve.